Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I've Been Tagged.

I feel like I have officially arrived in Blogdom! I've been tagged by Shannon. More about her later.

I'm supposed to pick up the nearest book, turn to page 123, and post the 6th, 7th, and 8th sentences.

LOL, the nearest book to me happens to be my 7th Grade Science Book--Teacher Edition. The 123rd page contains the most dull and irrelevant material in the whole book. There is some pretty good stuff about genetics, human physiology, Newton's laws of Motion, etc. but this page happens to be about Floods as part of the precipitation section in the Atmosphere Unit.

"High water is not the only hazard in a flood. Floods can knock

down electrical poles and wires. Downed electical poles can leave

dangerous live wires hanging loose and cause power outages."


Had I been in another room, the material would have been out of a L.M. Montgomery book or a Frances book, or some such.

Nevertheless, this is the cutest tag I've seen, and thanks to Shannon for thinking of me. Anyone who has made it to my little blog probably knows all about her already. She is one of the most talented sewers I've seen, and I've been greatly inspired by the clothing she makes, especially those for her daughter. And her smocking?? Perfection!

So, I hope the following people don't mind if I tag them because that's one of the rules of this game--tag 5 people and acknowledge your tagger (and I'm cheating a bit because I already have links to them):

  1. Dana Great smocking ideas, and great taste in books and movies.
  2. Michelle She posted a great shoe tutorial that I'm thankful for
  3. Amie A kindred spirit, sewer and smocker with a daughter named Sadie!
  4. Andria Should win a blogging Pulitzer. I wish we could be IRL friends!
  5. Joanna There is nothing she can't do--such quality work!!

My posting has been slow, because I won't allow myself to start any new projects until Sadie's dedication dress is done. I've hit a bit of a snag, because while I thought the dress was super simple, the sweet scallops won't work well with the tatted edging I'm working on. Which by the way I've completed all of about 6 inches. Too many birthdays to plan for and celebrate lately.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Gosh, you're so nice to say such kind things about me. I'm blushing! (Seriously, you don't want to give me a big head!)

Shannon F

andria said...

Thanks for the compliment!

I currently do not have a book with 123 pages, but the next time we go to the library and get one, I'll do this one. I am earmarking it in my drafts.

Sorry it's taken so long. It's been a busy week.

Amie said...

I have been meaning to get over here and comment and let you know I didn't miss the tag.

I don't think I ever answered your question that yes, I do have a pleater. I ordered it along with a book on how to smock.

I also wanted to let you know it's my Sadie's birthday today. You can see some pics on my regular blog.

angie.a said...

Yup, you know you've arrived when you get a tag!

Shannon couldn't get a big head if you blew helium up her nose! :P She's the best smocking guru I know. And one of my favorite people!