Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hello Again, and Fickle Me

Long time, no post.
I am mom to 7 year-old Mason and 3 year-old Sadie as well as a Middle School Science teacher, so my sewing time is precious. (And I have discovered that I am no multi-tasker when it comes to sewing. Housework and parenting seem to take a back seat when I am working on a project.) Nevertheless, some sewing has been accomplished in the last year. I will be documenting my projects in the last year in a series of new posts.
I've described myself as a Jack-of-all-fiber-arts, Master of none. I guess this is because I seem to grow tired of techniques just as I get close to becoming proficient. I guess I really am fickle when it comes to crafting. Or at least attention deficient. This blog previously concentrated on heirloom sewing and smocking. I guess the closest I have come to heirloom-quality sewing is mastering French seams. Since I can't seem to sew a decent sleeve, I'm having trouble mustering the desire to go much further. I don't even enjoy smocking as much as I used to--though that will not stop me from sewing at least one smocked garment (hopefully) each year for Sadie. And, it is a good trick to have up one's sleeve for unique baby gifts.
Which brings me to my newest diversion: Quilting. This will be the subject of many future posts, and I've found a wealth of breathtaking modern quilting blogs from which to draw inspiration. For now.
Stay tuned!

No comments: