Thursday, March 27, 2008

Reversible Jumper

I just finished this:

I just have to sew the bloomers and then I'll post a picture. It is such a cute pattern! The entire jumper is one piece, and you can line it with a coordinating fabric to make it reversible. It was very easy to do. I even added ric rac trim. It is a tad bit uneven in places, but overall it was a worthy addition.

It was a very quick project, except for the buttonholes which took as long as the rest of it put together. For me, buttonholes are like crepes: the first one always goes to the dogs. Last night was especially difficult because my automatic buttonhole foot kept throwing tantrums like a 3 year-old. We eventually worked through our issues, but not before running out of thread. (Gah!!)

AND, the pattern goes from 6mo to 4T! We will be making quite a few of these dresses in the future I think. And of course, there are plenty of scraps left over for matching shoes! Though I'm not sure how much longer Sadie will be in soft shoes, especially outdoors.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Cute stuff! Love the reversible sundress!!! Come and check out my blog - I have LOTS of tutorials!