Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ok, so I lied.

I can't finish the quilt, so I am starting something new.

I've had this pattern since the summer, but even my tiny Sadie has (presumably) grown out of the NB/S/M size. I should have made something from it by now, but--I haven't. It was pretty easy to extrapolate a 1/4 inch here, 1/8 inch there, to the next size up. So--hopefully it will work out--we shall see.

I've cut out the View A--sleeved dress. My first sleeves--believe it or not! I had this fabric that MIL gave me, and a coworker gave the scraps to her. Fun free stuff! It is a little more teal than the picture shows.



And, cutting is as far as I've gotten because it requires interfacing at the placket (another first), and I don't have any left. Why did Walmart discontinue its sewing department right as I developed this hobby??


I do have this book, and it makes me feel as though I can accomplish anything, even sleeves and plackets.

As for the quilt, I have a backing delimma. I really want a piece of white matelasse. It is harder to find than one might expect, I can only find a couple of online sources. And they are poly/cotton blend. I ordered an inexpensive matelasse bedspread from Walmart and well, you get what you pay for. It is 100% polyester, and you can sure tell it! Ick! It doesn't feel good at all, and doesn't belong with all my beloved cotton baby cloth squares. That makes me a little wary of the blends too. I really don't want to pay more than $20-30, but I may have to break down and buy a coverlet from my department store. Or wait till it goes on sale :(


Any fabric selection suggestions are appreciated!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I made this dress for my daughter when she was 9 months old. She is 8 now. It was her Easter dress that year. It ended up being HUGE on her. Now it is doll clothes. :) I love the print for your daughters dress. The color is beautiful!