Sunday, May 3, 2009

Amy Butler's Sleepy Snail

Meet Amy Butler's design, Sleepy Snail. Isn't it cute?? It is from this book I got for Christmas: The book has oodles of cute things in it. Unfortunately, most of them are too young for my just-turned-two-year Sadie, so I hope to get some good baby gifts out of it. The Sleepy Snail caught my eye immediately, and I just happen to have a good friend due to give birth to her third child in July!

Here is my version:



Look at these great Moda fabrics used on the stripes and the dotted pillow base.



The little cusions are removeable for napping :)

The ruffle part of the pillow is Amy Butler, and is actually the same fabric used on the model in the book. It is a pretty large critter, and will definitely make a statement in the nursery!



I have some great scraps left over, and they are begging to be made into a little kitty (also from this book) for Miss Sadie. Annnd, as long as she's still in diapers, I should probably make the cute diaper bag for myself, right??


Posted by Picasa

No comments: