Thursday, May 21, 2009

I finally made the pillowcase dress.

This is the pillowcase I mentioned here last July. I finally made the dress! Excuse this view, which Blogger has once again rotated. This was a simple project--I just trimmed off the top, abd cut out sleeves. There are a couple of versions out there, but I decided to do the one in which the front and back casings are gathered with elastic, and the sleeves are bound with bias tape. I just made 1/2" double fold bias binding from the top of the pillowcase for the binding. Older versions are tied only with ribbon strung through the casings.

I think the elastic gives it a neater finish.

Cute trim, huh? I ordered these from eBay. Probably a craft project from long ago...

This was a fun, easy project. I'll have to be on the lookout for more pillowcases!!


2 comments:

Summerset said...

Awww, very cute!

Shannon said...

This is beautiful- great job!