Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Knot Dress by Sandi Henderson

I made this cute, cute knot/apron dress for another baby gift. The pattern is Claire by Sandi Henderson. This is a wonderful collection that includes 4 different patterns. The first dress I made is a size 1, made with a couple of different Moda fabrics from the Eden and Santorini lines. Also Henry Glass, Red Rooster. There are some nice construction details: the apron is two-sided, with the border being sewn between two pieces. There is also a lot of topstitiching which adds to the overall effect. The bodice is Moda Hushabye Droplets with blue/green/pink on brown. They have this on pink and brown too, you'll see the brown in another project soon. I love this--it is so versatile!
Here is the back:
I bought enough fabric to make a second one for Sadie in a size 3. This time, I added applique embellishments to the apron as suggested by the pattern. I cut out circles from the fabric, ironed it to fusible interfacing and machine stitched close to the edge. There are also ric rac stems and button accents. I was nervous about doing this, but so glad I did. I love how Sadie's dress turned out!

No comments: